Saturday, December 5, 2009

Toddler romper

Ok, today project is to sew a romper for Zahra.
I started cutting the fabric at 1pm and finished everything at 5pm. Quite fast for a beginner sewist like me (hehehe).

This is the romper that I sew:


Taken from this romper which is no longer use by my DD because sudah kecik.
I like sewing from real life sample rather than looking at the picture sebab senang nak predict cara jahitan. I am still haven't try sewing from pattern but will try tomorrow (?) perhaps.. hehehe..

For finishing effect, I used twin-needle - nampak sangat kemas.


The pinggang was sew using elastic thread. First time sewing using this type of thread. Ok jugak, easy to sew.


And since this is a romper, the neck must be widen enough to fit my chubby Zahra. So, apart of having button on the back neck, I also made a button on one of the shoulder. Again, this is my first encounter using snap-prong. The one that I got from international gift exchange. Well, is quite easy to use, even without the proper machine - ketuk guna lesung batu sahaja.. Heheheh..



My model is still sleeping. So I'll update her picture plus the attire later.
Btw, the ugly fabric was bought at Kamdar for rm6 per metre.

Ok, Happy weekend readers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment