a.k.a. jahitan sembat susup but using the machine effect.
A friend of mine asked me to alter her newly bought pants and I've used the blindhem stitch effect for hemming. Thus, I took the oppurtunity to make a simple tutorial on how to use the blindhem stitch.
You need to have the blind stitch foot plus your machine was provided with the blindhem stitches.
1. First, you can either finish the raw edge by using overedge stitches or overlocking machine, or simply fold the fabrics if you don't have one.
2. Fold the fabric, press and pin in place.
3. Then, fold underside and place the fabric under the foot.
4. Adjust the adjustable-guide to your desired length and width.
5. Sew slowly, guiding the fabric carefully along the edge and the guide.
6. Completed. Stitching is almost invisible on the right side of the fabric (if using the similar thread color).
This kind of stictching is very handful for me to sew the baju kurung edges: no need to jahit tangan.
OK, Happy Friday people and have a productive weekend ahead ;)