This is what I did for the past weekend.
Two maternity long dress for a fellow friend (yup, its not for me). The material used was chiffon (sigh..) and therefore a cotton lining was used to cover the gauzy chiffon.
These were the dresses. Designed and sewed by me:
1. Fuchsia long dress
- this is such a very simple long dress. I made a separator below the bustier because the fabric pattern looks nicer to sew horizontal rather than vertical. Then, I added few pleated on the front of the dress and its done (well, technically was hard to explain).
2. Black and White long dress
- This is again a long dress but without separator (like the previous dress). I made pleats on the front neck and 2inch ruffles at the back neck and neat it with the commercial bias tape.
OK, the hard part was:
1. Fabric used was chiffon, you need to have plenty of patient to sew them.
2. She requested to have lining on the sleeves. And this is the crucial part where I burned lots of calorie. They've changed to smelly sweat.
3. I even nearly faint because of dehydrating. Too much ironing I guess.
However, I managed to get useful help from this:
- this help to stiff the fabric a bit: so that kain tu tak lari bila nak jahit.
OK, that's all. The dress might looks nice here (in pictures) and I hope it will satisfy its owner. But I did told her to expect the least from me. Heheheh..