Lets baby-wear everyone!
I made my own ring slings with simple gathered shoulder and am happy to share on how to make it with you. :)
Sturdier fabric (most recommended is linen) at about 2 yards or 2metre depends on how long you want the 'tail' to be,
Rings (the one that selling in slingrings.com is most recommended; local Malaysian can buy at SnuggBaby.com), and
Btw, This is a project refashion. Why? Because I transform my unused pareo (did I tell you I have a lot of them.. :)), linen silk fabric bought from Myanmar to make this ringslings.
1) The body fabric size would be (approximately) 2 yards long X 25inch width. So, cut the pareo into that size.
2) For the shoulder part, you'll need a fabric size 25inch X 12inch and hem the seam to make it look neat.
3) Join the shoulder part and the body with double sew so that the stitch is strong.
4) It will be looking like this:
5) Insert the rings onto the shoulder part, fold into two and sew them together to the body. Make sure your stitches is strong.
6) And, there you're done. You can have a longer (or shorter) tail which ever you prefer. Mine is just nice.
Some action picture:
Isn't this beauty is beautiful? I love this to bits.
You guys: Happy trying and Happy day ahead!!!