Selasa, 1 Mei 2018

C&P: Keep with the Qur’an

Keep with the Qur’an

One time I was memorising whilst in Makkah, and in two lines ahead of me I saw Shaykh Muhmmad Jebril. The Egyptians know him very well and is well known. At the time of the Iqamah I moved forward and quickly found room next to the Shaykh.

We prayed the Fard. Then I asked him, do you have any advice for anybody memorising the Qur’an? He said yes and so I enquired as to what it was.

He said: “Al Qur’an Yaghar,” as in The Qur’an is Jealous: “If you leave it one day, it will leave you for a week. If you leave it for one week, it will leave you for one month, if you leave it for one month, it will leave you for a year, and if you leave it for one year, it will leave you forever. It will desert you.” (Sh. Jebril)
This is very important wisdom, I believe in its truth. As part of business, I need to travel and during travel I may have missed my daily practice. When I came back, I found it to be very difficult to return to where I was. My teacher would notice this and say you are coming back in bad shape. So you have to start again.
Keep with the Qur’an all the time!
-- Dr Mohd Sabbahi

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan