I made a maternity dress for me today. Finally, after making Zahra's bajus from one weekends to another weekends.
Taken from this pattern:
with slight modification on sleeves (I made it long sleeves instead of 3 quarter) and the sleeves was tide using elastic thread instead using bias tape.
This is like first time for everything:
- The fabric used was chiffon. So, you can imagine how 'easy' to sew them. And its getting 'easier' each time the thread from the fabric start to coming out.
- At first I sewn the edge using the overlock machine later to realize its looks odd together with an unmatch thread. Thus, I used the rolled-hem foot for its edge finish.
- Chiffon is a very transparent fabric. So, I have to sew lining. Well, the lining is much easier to sew because its cotton but I omitted lining on the sleeves. Thus, I still have to wear inner to cover my hand.
I started cutting the fabric at noon and finished everything by 4pm. The chiffon fabric was bought at Kamdar for rm8 per metre. The outcomes was not that satisfying- looks very amateurish - however I'm still going to wear it to work tomorrow.. heheh.
Well, last but not least:
Enjoy ur Sunday people... :)