Isnin, 19 Februari 2018

On mission

Bismillah..

Was about to update the 500 words challenge (but I am facing some difficulties to construct the words) and suddenly bumped into this article.

ON MISSION - beingminimalist.com

Quoting some statement that I think would reflect on my situation right now:

“People are effective because they say ‘no,’ because they say, ‘this isn’t for me’.” —Peter Drucker
In his book, Essentialism, Greg McKeown reminds us of an important truth, “You can do anything, but you can’t do everything.
Successful people are adamant about saying ‘no’ to things that do not align with their mission. Staying on mission is about learning to say ‘no’ to the urgent requests, the popular requests, and the countless opportunities in front of you to make an extra dollar.
What is your purpose? What goals do you have for your life? On what mission do you desire to live? And what plan have you developed to help you get there?
Go, pursue it with your heart and your life. And learn to say ‘no’ to all the countless opportunities that will only distract you from it.

Reminding myself about my purpose and mission:
I want to memorise the Book of Allah before I reach 45 years old, which is approximately, I have 6 more years to reach my target. It been said that if someone memorise a half page of the Quran every day, by 4 years he/she will memorise the whole book, insyaAllah biithnillahi taala. And it is also said the time needed to memorise half page of Quran is about 2hours. I can do this, insyaAllah.

For the sake of Allah swt, I can do this.

May He make this journey easy and success. Ameen.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan